Thursday, October 11, 2007

I Just woke up about 2 hours ago. I don't even remember what time I fell asleep. Last I remember is filing some papers and then laying back in my bed....anyway, yesterday I made it down to camp pemdleton to take my marketing management final @ park university. For some reason, I wasn't even nervous although I had not studied for it that much. Needless to say the exam was pretty much a breeze. I'm sure I didn't ace it but I know I passed. Afterwords, I tool the time out to visit a few old faces from my USMC past. The first was Chief Warrant officer Jerry Knight. He was my platoon commander when I checked into 1st Marine Division communications company. We chatted for a few. He even brought up my old nickname "jumbo jet" when prompted by another marine as to why he called me this, he said, "shit! That's a big boy coming in for a hard landing." I was a little bigger back then. He informed me he was retiring in may 2008 and looking forward to it. We concluded our convo and then I was off to G-6 to see one of the men that made me a marine....My senior drill instructor, Master Sergeant Tommie Hanks. As soon as I got into his office, he looks up as if he was so busy and says, "what the fuck do you want?" I replied with hearty laughter and told him I was just stopping by to see what's up. He told me he was pissed at me for getting out and what not. We actually talked for awhile and covered numerous topics to include: me being a 911 dispatcher, his divorce, orange county's african american population, his retirement plans, and a few boot camp stories. All in all it was a great visit. He gave me his number in case I needed anything and I was on my merry way. I decided to get gas while on base and while I was at the pump, my boy Shalo rolled up right behind me. I haven't really spoke to him in a few months. So we took the time out to catch up. He gave me some insight on new music that I have yet to hear. We were talking for so long, we didn't realize people were behind us waiting to get gas. So we pulled into the dominos pizza parking lot on mainside and proceeded with our convo. He invited me to pt with his platoon any day I wanted. We got to talking about cadences and got our selves so motivated that the next thing I know, we were driving over to the pull up bars to get a few sets in. Then we did some push ups and dips. I let him know that I would be in the area for the next 2 months for school and we would definitley get a chance to get together. After that I took off and made my way to get some nourishment and then home to straighten up. Random quote said by Lee Haney...."You can't eat like a bird and train like a horse!"
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

5 Comments:

Blogger Vanessa said...

You guys are animals with your workouts! That would be cool to PT with his group! DO IT, and I can live through you :)

But I am lucky 2 have you be my boot camp buddy once those workouts start!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But...a bird eats 3 times its own body weight daily!

*putting on nerd sign and walking off with head hanging*

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2015-10-17 xiaozhengm ]
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet Factory Online
Michael Kors Outlet Discount Purses Online
Air Jordan 3 "Infrared 23"
louis vuitton outlet stores
Jordan Retro 8 Playoffs
michael kors bags
michael kors uk
Christian Louboutin Outlet Authentic Sneakers Online
Air Jordan Shoes For Women And Men
cheap ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Backpack Purse
UK Louis Vuitton Handbag Outlet
louis vuitton outlet
michael kors outlet online
michael kors outlet
nike free run 2,nike free runs,nikes,nike air max 95,nike high tops,air force 1,nike pegasus
ugg boots
oakley sunglasses,oakley vault,prescription sunglasses,polarized sunglasses,aviator sunglasses,spy sunglasses,oakleys,oakley canada,cheap oakley sunglasses,oakley frogskins,oakley holbrook,cheap sunglasses,wayfarer sunglasses,oakley standard issue,fake oakleys,oakley glasses,oakley.com,oakley prescription glasses,oakley goggles,sunglasses for men,oakley gascan,oakley store,oakleys sunglasses
Toms Shoes Sale Clearance
ralph lauren uk
canada goose jackets
louis vuitton outlet stores
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet
Hollister Shirts For Women
Michael Kors Outlet Online USA Stores
Red Bottom Shoes Christian Louboutin
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet
canada goose outlet

7:55 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

north face, replica handbags, converse pas cher, nike air force, sac hermes, michael kors outlet online, oakley pas cher, lululemon canada, michael kors outlet, timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, ray ban uk, polo lacoste, hollister uk, coach purses, ray ban pas cher, nike tn, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, north face uk, sac vanessa bruno, hogan outlet, vans pas cher, ralph lauren uk, coach outlet, michael kors, true religion outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, michael kors outlet online, uggs outlet, burberry outlet, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, burberry handbags, nike air max uk, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet, guess pas cher, coach outlet store online, new balance, nike air max uk, mulberry uk, uggs outlet, nike free uk, michael kors outlet online, true religion jeans

10:43 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, barbour, converse outlet, moncler, ugg, gucci, converse, coach outlet, supra shoes, wedding dresses, doudoune moncler, moncler, moncler uk, canada goose, toms shoes, lancel, louis vuitton, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, pandora charms, hollister, canada goose outlet, swarovski crystal, canada goose, marc jacobs, ugg uk, ugg pas cher, pandora uk, montre pas cher, moncler, barbour uk, juicy couture outlet, canada goose jackets, swarovski, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, replica watches, canada goose outlet, hollister, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, canada goose, ray ban, vans, karen millen uk, moncler, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, links of london

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home